By Tom Lansford Ph.D.
This e-book analyzes the complicated explanations and results of the September eleven, 2001, terrorist assaults either regionally and the world over, and examines the next wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
• presents insightful fees from modern figures and first records starting from Osama bin Laden's 1998 fatwa opposed to the us to the 2006 Iraq learn workforce Report
• comprises 12 biographies starting from Osama bin weighted down to George W. Bush that supply certain heritage on vital figures from the era
• provides a chronology of occasions from the Seventies to the current day, together with occurrences resulting in the September eleven, 2001, assaults and the Iraq War
• incorporates a opt for bibliography of significant works at the September eleven, 2001, assaults; the warfare in Iraq; place of origin protection; and the battle on terror
• encompasses a designated word list of key phrases similar to "Shiite" and "weapons of mass destruction"
Read or Download 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide PDF
Best terrorism books
Those court cases current a casual dialogue between a bunch of specialists who explored a suite of 5 issues: the insurgency in Iraq, the Arab-Israeli scenario, the terrorist danger, inner protection in Saudi Arabia, and Iran and the proliferation of WMD. every one subject was once addressed with a watch towards figuring out their implications for the area as a complete and exploring what the wider outcomes will be for American and ecu coverage.
Utilizing Michel Foucault's proposal of governmentality, this ebook reinterprets numerous situations of rebellion and well known uprisings in Bangladesh. It makes an attempt to synthesize the theories of Foucault's governmentality and Antonio Gramsci's notions of hegemony and counter-hegemony.
Schooling performs an incredible function in not easy, battling and in realizing terrorism in its various varieties, no matter if as counter-terrorism or as a sort of human rights schooling. simply as schooling has performed an important function within the technique of nation-building, so schooling additionally performs a robust position within the means of empire, globalization and resistance to international forces-and in terrorism, in particular the place it really is associated with emergent statehood.
Ein eindrückliches Plädoyer für einen modernen, friedvollen Islam. In Briefen an seine Söhne geht Omar Saif Ghobash der Frage nach, used to be es bedeutet, heute Muslim zu sein. Gerade jetzt, wo das Wort «Islam» oft in einem Atemzug mit «Extremismus» genannt wird. Wer hat das Recht, für den Islam zu sprechen?
- Terrorism, Ticking Time-Bombs, and Torture: A Philosophical Analysis
- Mass-Mediated Terrorism: The Central Role of the Media in Terrorism and Counterterrorism
- The Father of Jihad:'Abd Allāh 'Azzām's Jihad Ideas and Implications to National Security: 2 (Imperial College Press Insurgency and Terrorism Series)
- Beyond the Spectacle of Terrorism: Global Uncertainty and the Challenge of the New Media (The Radical Imagination)
- Evaluating Novel Threats to the Homeland: Unmanned Aerial Vehicles and Cruise Missiles
- Vietnam and the Unravelling of Empire: General Gracey in Asia 1942-1951
Extra resources for 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide
9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide by Tom Lansford Ph.D.